Stats show that
Many brands have already integrated it into their digital strategy. They
Why are brands so smitten with Snapchat? That answer lies in the numbers and the numbers don’t lie - here we leave some to prove it.
- More than 150 million people use Snapchat every day. Over 140 million
usetwitter on a daily basis. Snapchatusers post more than 10,000 million videos per day, the same amount as Facebook in 2015. Snapchatalready has more users than Twitter, Pinterest or LinkedIn.
- Users play more than 8o billion #Snaps daily, well above the 70 million daily posts on Instagram.
Snapchatgrew more in a year than Twitter did in 4 years.
- 65% of Snapchat users upload photos every day. Only 35% of Facebook users do the same.
Snapchatreaches more Millennials (18-34 years) than Instagram.
Do all brands need to include
snapchat in their brand strategy?
No, absolutely not. As mentioned above, it's clear that
More than half of Snapchat users are under 24 years
Some Key Tips For Including Snapchat In Your Branding Strategy
- Test - Many brands, even those targeting younger audiences are still reluctant to use
Snapchatdue to not knowing effective content strategies on the platform. Dive in! Test different content at different times of day, use crazy filters, create your own filters, etc. It's time to surprise your audience and stand out from the crowd.
- Be decisive -
Snapchatis a platform that requires more immediate decisions, freshness and real-time marketing than any other. Use your experience and go with your gut. You can’t be sitting around creating detailed editorial calendars which sync with marketing plans if you're going to be effective here. Use the platform to broadcast in real-time at live events, etc. Remember, all the content will disappear within 24 hours.
- Practice - Snapchat changes every day. Their development team is always making improvements and introducing new possibilities for both brands and users.
- Be creative - Launch a contest with short time-frames, offer prizes only available on
Snapchatfor your followers whichencourage them to do screen shots and spread your Snapchatprofile to their friends on other social platforms. There are many creative options for growing your audience. Surprise your users and yourselves!