About Product Reviews before you ship me your product:
My goal as it relates to the content I create, quite simply, is to enlighten, educate, and entertain.
In keeping with that goal, I will adhere to the following standards:
- I will at all times exercise care to avoid inadvertent error, remain neutral, and never purposely distort the truth.
- Whenever possible, content will be vetted by a second person prior to publication. I will own responsibility for the content published on this site.
- Ensure that headlines, photos, META data, and soundbites accurately reflect the content of the articles on this site.
- Actively keep watch against abuses of technology which compromise individual privacy or restrict freedom.
- Encourage discussion, give voice to respectfully dissenting opinions, and admit and correct my mistakes.
- Disclose all instances where financial consideration has been exchanged, and never say anything in exchange for payment that I wouldn’t say for free.
It remains my standing policy to only publish positive product reviews. If I receive a product or service which I can't give an overall positive review for, I will not publish any content related to that product or service. In my opinion, there is no reason to write about a product or service only to advise the consumer not to purchase it. In fact, it is a waste of both the reader and the author’s valuable time, especially when it could be spent focusing on many other excellent products and services that I would recommend.
The one notable exception to this policy occurs on the rare occasion when I believe a product is receiving overwhelmingly positive, yet merit-less press elsewhere. In these instances I may choose to publish a dissenting opinion for the benefit of the public at large. I will do this regardless of any negative backlash I may expect.
Be aware that I do NOT send things back after review. I have a hard enough time keeping everything coming in straight. No way I could send it all back.
After I review a product I'll either keep it to use, give it away to fans, or dispose of it in some other way as I see fit.
If you need an NDA or embargo, just use this form to let me know before you send it. I will be happy to work with you on that.