7 simple search engine optimization tips for food and beverage brands
In this video I'm going to give you 7 simple search engine optimization tips for beginners
You know, your digital footprint is important in creating an online image of your business. One of the most important tactics in making sure an online business is successful is to create a well-planned organic marketing foundation for the website.
Search engine optimization, or SEO for the lazy ones, is the first and arguably most important step towards making your website accessible through internet searches. I'm not just talking about google here. This impacts searches on social platforms and voice search as well.
Search engine optimization is supported by use of relevant keywords that get your website a higher placement in search rankings on various search engines and social media sites. Search engines have algorithms that decide the page ranks and overall website ranks. The algorithms are updated often, and well-managed websites that adhere to the latest web standards always have a higher chance of being placed higher in search results.
If you're new to the SEO game, here are seven simple ways in which you can use organic seo effectively to add value to your website in the eyes of the search engines.
1. Using a unique name for your business and domain is the smartest way to make sure you show up in the search results. The name you come up with should also reflect the kind of products/services you offer. It is an added advantage if the name is catchy or memorable.
2. Your website's homepage and other category pages should have rich snippets to ensure that people are introduced to featured products, services or any other useful information. A rich snippet is programming code that can be added to the existing HTML code on your website, which in turn will allow search engines to better understand what information is contained on each web page on your site. Other pages on the website should also be well structured to help them get a higher search ranking.
3. You site's page titles should be well described and they should speak about what one can expect on the page. Pages should have descriptive meta page descriptions to make keyword within the search engine results pages easier. Meta page descriptions rarely impact where your page ranks in a search, but the description or part of it can be used by a third-arty website to describe the page on your site. So it should be truthful, descriptive, and compelling. It can have an impact on whether a person clicks on the search result to go to your page.
4. Website pages should be linked very efficiently with each other within your website and with trustworthy and authoritative pages outside the website to gain link popularity.
5. Now my next suggestion could arguably go both ways. I recommend your website focus on minimizing graphic elements without compromising on the overall look and appeal of the website. This means keeping images to a minimum and text to a maximum where possible.
6. It's also helpful to dovetail your social media marketing techniques with organic search techniques. The combined effect is a thorough internet marketing plan that can do wonders for the website when executed well. As I continue to release videos, we'll get deep into social media optimization techniques.
7. Lastly, cookie tracking, pixel tracking, robots.txt, wc3 code compliance, spider algorithm synchronization, autonomous ranking systems, query strings, databases, content management systems, and many more nerdy terms and phrases are advanced technical aspects that should be taken into consideration when optimizing a website for searches. When used right, they can help generate a strong online presence for a website.
Now, most of the items I have mentioned here are handled by website designers and search engine optimization professionals you can or have hired manage your website functions from end-to-end.
This is just a quick list of the "getting started" items you need to be looking at on your site. It's no different than making sure you have fresh oil in your car, changing out the filters, wiper blades, tires... You don't jus build a website and forget it. Your competitors are working to take marketshare away from you and the worst thing you can do is not even put up a fight. So please, look and make sure you are tending to these basic SEO maintenance items on your site.